Sports Medicine Club
The Sports Medicine Club is a student organization sponsored by the institution and supported by the Department of Athletic Training and the Athletic Training Education Program. The club sponsors several events each year on the campus and local level to raise awareness of the profession of athletic training and to educate the public. The club also provides financial support to students for educational opportunities through a variety of fundraisers.
- Welcome Back Picnic and Bowling
- Charleston City Police Physical testing and training
- Canned Food Drive
- Annual Holiday Dinner
- Ronald McDonald House poptab collection
- Covenant House Fall Festival
- End of Year Banquet
National Honor Society: Beta Mu Chapter of Iota Tau Alpha
The Iota Tau Alpha Athletic Training Education Honor Society was founded at Troy University in 2004 to recognize and honor individuals in the field of Athletic Training Education who have through scholarship, integrity, and outstanding achievement been a credit to their profession. The Beta Mu Chapter was established at the University of Charleston in 2011.
The objective of Iota Tau Alpha is to foster a high standard of ethics and professional practice, and to create a spirit of loyalty and fellowship among students of Athletic Training Education. The Beta Mu Chapter seeks to further these goals through scholarship, integrity, outstanding achievement, high ethical standards and professional practices.
An initiate meet or exceed the following national criteria:
- Enrollment in an accredited athletic training education program for at least three semesters
- 3.5 cumulative GPA for all ATEP required courses
- Cumulative GPA in the top 35% of an initiates’ entire class at UC
- Good standing within the program
- Kayleigh McCormick
- Emily Skaggs
- Micki Murzynski