September 19, 2011
Creating a contacts Distribution List, or Contact Group as it called in Outlook 2010, is a two-step process. The first step is to decide where you will store the Distribution List. You can save it in an Address Book or in your Contacts folder. The second step is to add your contacts to the list.
Define the Contact Group
- On the Home Page, click Address Book to open your Address Book.
- Click the list below Address Book, and then select Contacts.
- On the File menu, click New Entry.
- Under Select the entry type, click New Contact Group.
- Under Put this Entry, click In The Contacts. This selection determines where your new distribution list is saved. This is the default location.
- Click OK. Your new distribution list is now set to be saved in the Contacts folder, and an untitled Distribution List form opens. At this point, you can begin adding contacts to your new Distribution List, as outlined in the following section.
Add New Contacts
- In the Name box, type the name of your new contact group.
- Click the Select Members button to add members from any of your Address Book entries or Contacts.
- Click Save And Close to save the new Distribution List.
The name of the Distribution List appears bold as compared to the other entries in the contact folder.
Use Your Contact Group
- Click on New Email
- Click on the To: button,( or type the name of your Group directly into the address box.)
- Over in the Address Book, scroll down until you find Contacts. Click on this.
- When you find your Group, double click on it and then hit OK.