September 12, 2011
There might be a time when the perfect video for your PowerPoint presentation is a Flash video (.flv), which PowerPoint does not support. Windows Media Player does not recognize this format, either, so how are you going to convert it to a format that you can use? I have found that RealPlayer, a free download from http://www.real.com/realplayer, is the way to go.
- Before you follow the next steps, download the video from the internet: Hover over it while it is playing. You will see a pop-up that says “Download Using RealPlayer” Click on this to download.
- Go to Start/ All Programs/ Real/ RealPlayer Converter.
- Click the Add button in the top left corner, and then browse to select your Flash video.
- In the Convert to: selection box, click on the arrow to open the Select a Device dialog box.
- Click the down arrow next to Video Formats and then select Video Formats.
- Choose WMV and click OK.
- In the Save in: box, choose where you want the converted file saved.
- Press the green Start button.
Now you can insert that video into your PowerPoint!