Our classes are geared to do two things: engage you in active learning and let you grow as a person. What makes that different? Our education is outcomes — focused — meaning every class is an exercise in understanding how the coursework relates to the real world.
What really sets UC apart is that you will leave here understanding how to make learning mean something real, tangible, useful — and then you will apply that learning to your life, for the rest of your life.
Check out some of the top reasons why you should consider UC:
- U.S. News Ranks University of Charleston Among Top Regional Colleges.
- One of The Princeton Review’s Best 373 Colleges.
- Nationally ranked athletic teams.
- 100% of nursing students passed NCLEX licensure exam on first attempt.
- 92% of UC’s class of 2011 graduates were employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation (94% 2006-11 average).
- Seven of the 11 buildings on campus have been built in the past 14 years, including four new residence halls.
- Of all students who start and stay at UC, a third either graduate early or move into their graduate field in less than four years.
- 100% of 2011 MBA graduates accepted a job before graduation.
- 100% of UC pre-med students that applied to med school the last two years have been accepted.
- UC School of Pharmacy graduates have posted a two-year average passage rate on the NAPLEX and MPJE licensure examinations of 92% and 97% respectively.
See for yourself: Schedule a visit to campus.