This program is designed to facilitate admission to and success in the Physician Assistant program. Physician Assistants are highly trained medical professionals who examine, diagnose, and treat patients under the direction and supervision of a physician.
Small class sizes and excellent faculty-to-student ratios provide a superb environment to learn through mentorship and collaboration.
This program has a heavy emphasis on solving clinical problems during pre-clinical training. Students will be challenged by paid actors and sophisticated simulation mannequins to apply their knowledge and skills to simulated clinical situations.
The Charleston area has an exceptional medical community that provides excellent opportunities for students to receive their clinical training.
The curriculum will include a focus on utilizing web-based tools at the point-of-care. Students will take full advantage of maximizing patient care through clinical decisions backed by evidence.
Become a Physician Assistant
- Conduct physical exams, diagnose and treat illness
- Order and interpret tests, counsel on preventive health
- Prescribe medications and perform procedures
- Consistently report high career satisfaction
- Earn excellent salaries (new graduates average $76,000)