• Transfers

    Transferring to Another School

    Transfer of Degree Programs

    If you are changing degrees from undergraduate to masters, you will need to provide a letter of acceptance to the new program so that your SEVIS record can be updated.

    Transferring to Another University

    If you wish to transfer from our university to another you need to:

    1. Bring an acceptance letter from the new university to the Director of International Programs
    2. Obtain a transfer form from the new school and have the Director complete it.
    3. Sign and submit the UC Transfer Out Release form.
    4. Once the first two requirements have been met and as long as you have a zero balance on your account at UC, the University will transfer your record.
    5. Meet with the DSO at your new school to ensure that all paperwork is in order.

    If you have always maintained your status while studying here at the University of Charleston, you should have no problems transferring to a new school. If you have not maintained your status, you may have to ask the new school to apply for a reinstatement for you.