What is PASS?
PASS (Partnering Alumni & Students for Success) is a mentoring program designed to link current UC students with experienced alumni who are working in the student’s field of study. The mentorship provides student mentees with career preparation, professional development, networking opportunities, and potentially internships and jobs. Alumni mentors will have the chance to “pay it forward” for fellow UC Golden Eagle and stay connected to their alma mater through participating in the program.
Every mentorship is different. While some mentees and mentors meet regularly, once a month in-person or on the phone, other mentees and mentors might only connect on a need basis (for example: in preparation for an upcoming job interview, during the graduate school application process, etc.). It’s entirely up to the mentee and mentor to determine how often (or through what means) they connect.
Alumni Mentor Criteria
- Create networking opportunities for mentee
- Provide career counseling
- Introduce them to shared field/industry and general practices
- Must have at least 2 years of work experience, a coaching-style leadership, and commitment to the program.
Student Mentee Criteria
- Geared toward juniors and seniors, but sophomores can apply *may only receive 1 or 2 spots*
- Students with a 3.5 GPA and above will receive automatic nomination for the program, but they must respond to invitation between Monday Sept. 2 and Friday Sept. 6 *roughly 20 reserved spots* (Regular application process begins Monday Sept.9.)
- Students with a 2.5 GPA-3.499 GPA must apply on or after Sept. 9, submit 2 faculty recommendations and interview *roughly 10 spots available*
- International students must not be currently enrolled in an ESL course and must have at least a 70% English proficiency on the Michigan Placement Test
- Interest in professional development
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Takes initiative to contact Mentor, and practices follow-through
If you have any questions about the PASS Mentorship program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-800-995-2586 (ALUM).
Participate in PASS