PLEASE NOTE: The application deadline is August 1st. All materials must be received by this date in order for your application to be considered. Because we use a rolling admissions process, it is advisable to submit your application as early as possible.
All applicants (i.e., PA Fast Track and Direct Admission) will be required to provide the following completed application materials:
- Program Application – completed through our online Application Portal where the applicant will include:
- Personal Narrative
- Work and Health Care Experience History
- Social Engagement History
- Two References (Instructions for obtaining reference letters is available in the online application portal. It is strongly recommended that at least one be from a physician or physician assistant.)
- Transcripts: PA Fast Track candidates must provide official high school and college transcripts (if applicable). Direct Admission applicants must provide official college transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended. Transcripts should be sent from institutions directly to the University of Charleston PA Program.
Please have transcripts mailed to:
University of Charleston
Physician Assistant Program
2300 MacCorkle Ave SE
Charleston, WV 25304
- GRE report sent directly to UC (Direct Admission applicants only).
- SAT or ACT report sent directly to UC (PA Fast Track applicants only).
- All students for whom English is a second language must submit a copy of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 550. Alternatively, this requirement can be met for UC students through evaluation and recommendation by the University of Charleston's Director of International & ESL Programs.
- Applicants who have completed coursework and/or obtained a degree from an educational institution outside the United States are required to have their educational credentials evaluated by World Education Services (WES) or Education Credential Evaluators (ECE). Evaluation reports should be sent directly from WES or ECE to the UC PA Program.
PA Fast Track applicants are not required to take the GRE as a part of their application. However, they will be required to take the GRE sometime prior to matriculating into the Physician Assistant Program as a condition of their acceptance if admitted.
Applications will not be considered until all application materials have been received by the PA program admissions coordinator. All application requirements MUST be received prior to the application deadline.