Forest of the Rain Productions in Partnership with The University of Charleston School of Pharmacy Presents Parent Talk Live Special Edition Series on Safe Medication Use
Charleston, WV – A live blog talk radio series on safe medication use began Wednesday, February 1, 2017. The radio show is part of the Script Your Future campaign and is hosted by Dr. Susan Gardner, Assistant Dean for Student and Professional Affairs at the University of Charleston School of Pharmacy. Over a six week period the following topics will be discussed with UCSOP faculty, students, staff, and community partners:
- February 1 –Script Your Future Medication Adherence Challenge
- February 8– Generation Rx—Prescription Safety Education Partnership with Kanawha County Schools and the University of Charleston School of Pharmacy
- February 15 – Proper Medication Disposal
- February 22—The Nationwide Drug Epidemic & The Role of Medication Adherence
- March 1 – Medication Adherence & Safety Focus on DEA 360 Program
- March 8 –Disease Management and Medication Adherence
The program will be held every Wednesday from 8:30 – 9:30pm February 1 through March 8, 2017. The website shown below will allow listeners to access the live broadcast.
Listeners may call in to the show to ask questions. The call in number will be announced during each broadcast.
The programs will be recorded for rebroadcast at:
The Challenge is part of Script Your Future, a campaign launched, by the National Consumers League and partners, in 2011 to combat the problem of poor medication adherence. In the United States, nearly three out of four patients do not take their medication as directed.
Forest Of The Rain Productions is an Educational Affairs Organization. Their mission is to expand the voices of the seldom heard in education, fair housing, parental/family engagement, academic research, the business of education and civic involvement.