Kathryn Elizabeth Blose, BA, MOT
Director Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
School of Health Sciences
Occupational Therapy Assistant
- BA from University of Nebraska at Omaha
- MOT from Texas Women's University
Research & Publication
- Autism Training Center News, Vol.2 No. 4, winter 1988, Sensory Integrative Therapy
- Article on Assertiveness Training in Woburn MA, Local paper 1989
- Presented on Occupation Therapy in the Psychiatric Managed Care Environment, Woburn, MA 1997
- Occupational Therapy and the Addiction Patient, Woburn, MA 1997
- Presented to the Boston Area Clinical Coordinator Meetings on Interviewing Students for Affiliations, February 1997
- Presented at Boston University on the Collaborative Model of Fieldwork Education, October 1996
- Presented at Boston University on Occupational Therapist Dealing with Psychiatric and Addiction Patients in at Psycho-Social Setting, April 1997
- Presented at the West Virginia State Occupational Therapy Association meeting. Paper entitled, Redefining Appalachian Myths as Strengths for Occupational Therapy Students 1998.
- Presented at statewide fieldwork conference co-sponsored by The College of West Virginia and West Virginia University.
- Presented Paper: Home Health Visits in Appalachia, A Privilege, A Problem, as part of The Appalachian Vision series at The College of West Virginia, October 1999
- Presented Paper: Appalachian Myths as Strengths at Great Southern Occupational Therapy Conference, October 2000.
- Presented Paper: Recognizing, Psychosocial Diagnosis in a Physical Rehab Environment presented at The AOTA conference in Washington, DC, 2003
- Above paper also presented at the WVOTA Conference in Charleston, West Virginia, October 2002
- Presented Poster: The Occupation of Marriage and Implications of it’s Denial to the Gay Population Presented at the national occupational therapy conference in Long Beach, California, May 2005
- Presented the Elizabeth Baker Devereaux Lecture at the West Virginia State Occupational Therapy Association Conference, The Culture of Occupational Therapy, October 2005
- Developed student’s tract for the WVOTA Conference., 2004
- Serve on the National Accreditation Committee, Roster of Accreditors (RAE) for the American Occupational Therapy Association 2004-2008.
- Presented at the AOTA National Conference, Long Beach, CA. Short Course Recognizing Personality Disorders in Occupational Therapy Students with Dr. Yvonne Randall. 2008
- Presented at the AOTA National Conference, Houston, Texas. Panel Presentation on Multicultural Issues in Occupational Therapy. 2010
- Presented a seminar at the Mid-Atlantic Financial Aid Professionals annual meeting in 2015 on Workplace Ergonomics. Held in Charleston, WV
COMMITTEES, APPOINTMENTS, AND MEMBERSHIP
- Served on Promotion and Tenure Committee for clinical faculty at Marshall University, 1987-1989
- Serviced on search committee for PTA faculty position, College of West Virginia 2000.
- Served on search committee for the chair of the occupational therapy department at West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, 1999
- Member of the American Occupational Therapy Association 1995 to Present.
- Member of the West Virginia Occupation Therapy Association
- Serviced as secretary and newsletter editor for The West Virginia Occupation Therapy Association.
- Appointed to The Roster of Accreditors for the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education 2002-2005. Second Term 2005-2008
- Served on the advisory board for West Virginia University OT Program 2003
- Board Member for Raleigh County Humane Society 2002- 2006
- Board Member for Summers County Humane Society 2007-present.
- Board Member for Services of the Heart, South Barre, MA, 2005-2015 Consulting Occupational Therapist for Center for Holistic Health
- Executive Planning Board for VA disability day, 2003-2014; Board member active in planning and implementing state wide disability day in conjunction with VA hospital.
- Serve on Community Advisory Board for HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital 2010-2012
- Serve on round table for Critical Thinking 2015-present University of Charleston
- Serve on Nursing Program Admissions Committee (for weekend program in Beckley) 2014 to present, University of Charleston
Interests and Hobbies
Showing dogs, Ireland, Reading and Science Fiction