Program Director & Assistant Professor of Movement Science/Health Promotion
Posted - 8/16/2017
The Program Director and Assistant Professor of Movement Science/Health Promotion position is a full time, renewable 10-month appointment. Responsibilities include administration of the Movement Science and Health Promotion programs, teaching related coursework in health science, movement science and health promotion. Additional responsibilities include advising and mentoring students, service to the Department and University, recruitment of students, and on-going scholarship.
- Minimum qualifications include a Master’s Degree in a discipline related to: exercise science, nutrition, or health promotion and a minimum of two years of experience in a related field.
- Individuals with certifications in strength & conditioning, fitness testing, exercise prescription, nutrition, or health education are encouraged to apply.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (C.H.E.S) and/or Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS-NSCA)
- Demonstrate skills and training is assessment
- Experience in building community relationships and expertise in health behavior
- Experience in undergraduate program development, assessment and evaluation.
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level
Please submit resume/CV, letter of application, teaching philosophy and contact information for three references to:
University of Charleston
Anita Angel, Administrative Assistant to the Dean
2300 MacCorkle Avenue, S.E.
Charleston, WV 25304
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled (email/electronic submissions preferred). Official transcripts will be required from the successful candidate.
The University of Charleston is an equal opportunity employer.