Director of Alumni Relations
Posted - 8/16/2017
The Director of Alumni is a key member of the University’s Advancement team, responsible for building relationships with alumni of the University of Charleston and its predecessor, Morris Harvey College. He/she reports to the Vice President for University Development.
Duties of the Director of Alumni include
- Planning and implementing events designed to strengthen relationships between the college and its alumni, including a successful program of class reunions;
- Cultivating current students, especially seniors, to facilitate their transition from students at the University to alumni who will continue to be involved with the institution and become financial supporters;
- Planning a program of regular communication with alumni, Providing support and guidance for the National Alumni Board;
- Identifying, cultivating and involving potential volunteer leaders for UC activities, including the Alumni Board and the Board of Trustees;
- Identifying and cultivating alumni who may be prospects for major gifts in support of University initiatives;
- Promoting and coordinating social media networks;
- Work with Annual Fund Director to create a UC Day on Social Media
- Working with the Advancement team to plan and implement fundraising programs for current students
- Liaison with Builders
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Alumni of the University of Charleston or Morris Harvey College preferred.
- Demonstrated success in program management, event planning, and/or fundraising. Experience with college or university alumni/volunteer programs desirable.
- Superior verbal, written, presentation and organization skills.
- Enthusiastic and friendly personality; must enjoy meeting new people.
- Available to attend alumni social events
Please send resume and cover letter to:
University of Charleston
Deborah Morris, Vice President of University Development
2300 MacCorkle Ave.
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an equal opportunity employer.