The Associate Registrar for Graduate Studies is responsible for developing specialized expertise in the day-to-day operational office management of supporting the graduate registration and records maintenance activities of the graduate programs currently including Doctor of Pharmacy, Doctor of Executive Leadership, Physician Assistant, Masters of Business Administration, Masters of Forensic Accounting and Masters of Strategic Leadership. The Associate Registrar assumes the leadership role for both undergraduate and graduate areas in the absence of the University Registrar. While this position requires development of specialized expertise in graduate student records, it is also responsible for providing cross-functional support for undergraduate students and online students. This position provides outstanding customer service to all students, faculty, parents, staff, and the general public at the counter, on the telephone, via e-mail correspondence, and through the use of social media. The Associate Registrar actively supports the mission and goals of the University of Charleston.
Essential Job Functions
The Associate Registrar serves as an information resource to graduate students and academic departments, as well as the Student Support Center representative at graduate academic and/or academic affairs and/or records meetings. This position is responsible for the data entry and maintenance of all graduate academic records, including accurate recording of degree requirements, dual degrees, combined degrees, etc. This position will maintain complete student files to reflect the admission, academic progress, certification, and completion of degree requirements for all graduate students. The Associate Registrar will create, and/or update, and disseminate term-based communication documents for resident, online, returning students, visiting students, and/or other student populations. This position will:
· Facilitate graduate student registration for year round terms
· Ensure that relevant documentation is provided for the electronic and hard copy academic record for students receiving an advanced degree
· Maintain and update degree lists to aid in the accurate ordering of diplomas
· Maintain all paper and/or electronic graduate academic records
· Promptly respond to email, phone, in-person, and/or other graduate-related inquiries.
· Act as a knowledgeable source of information with regard to policies, procedures, rules, and regulations of the university
· Maintain awareness and explain relevant federal laws, and university regulations to students, faculty, parents, academic and/or administrative departments, and to the general public
· Assist with annual commencement activities, and other duties as assigned by the University Registrar.
· High school diploma/GED required
· Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) strongly preferred
· Minimum of four years successful office work experience, involving contact with the public, preferably in a college or university setting.
Special Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
· Functional experience with Student Information Systems and Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Word, Excel, etc.).
· Knowledge of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act), and all laws, rules and regulations related to JHU policies is desired.
· Functional experience with Colleague and SharePoint is strongly preferred.
· Position requires excellent work habits and office skills.
· Position requires the ability to be accountable for all work, independently set priorities, think critically, and successfully communicate in both oral and written formats.
· Must demonstrate initiative, creativity and resourcefulness.
· Ability to analyze and resolve issues.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to:
University of Charleston
Attention: Carol Spradling
2300 MacCorkle Avenue, S.E.
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer