• West Virginia Residents

    Residents of West Virginia may apply for various scholarships administered by the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission. Visit www.cfwv.com.

    Note: Students must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by visiting www.fafsa.gov.

    Merit-based West Virginia PROMISE Scholarship

    Before March 1, students must:

    • File for FAFSA.
    • Complete a State-Level Financial aid application through the College Foundation of West Virginia at www.cfwv.com.

    High school graduating seniors must take the ACT by June 12 or the SAT by June 5.

    Need-Based Higher Education Grant

    Students must file for FAFSA before April 15.


    For assistance with completing these scholarship applications, call West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission Office of Financial Aid and Outreach Programs at 1-888-825-5707 or 304-558-4614.